Reflections on Self Image and Weight

I know I haven't posted in a while but, as always, I'm busy with schoolwork. But I have been thinking about this subject for a while and I think it would be a good idea if I share.

I think that it is no mystery that women are very self conscious about their weight. It seems like no one is ever completely satisfied with their weight. If you're really skinny, you want to gain weight. If you're in any way fat, you want to loose weight. It seems that tensions have been running even higher lately with what I'll call the "curvy movement."While I do see the reasons behind this movement, I don't see the benefits of it either. Sure, it is unhealthy to idolize an underweight body-type but a curvy body-type can be just as hard for some girls to achieve as a extremely skinny one. The point should be that as long as you have a healthy body type, you're fine and others will find you attractive depending on their personal preferences.




When I was very young and my family had not yet moved to the U.S, I was very skinny. In fact I was probably underweight but of course I was very little and I didn't know any better. I just remember that snacks were very hard to find and that instead I would just eat fruits. I also have never had a big appetite and therefore ate very small meals. This all changed in the fourth grade when I first moved here. Now snacks were everywhere and I remember eating a whole box of cookies in one day. It was probably because I had never been taught not to eat junk food because I almost never had any. Well, whatever it was it led to me gaining a lot of weight and consequently being chubby. I have since lost some of that weight but definitely not all of it. Here is my problem: I am good at maintaining my weight for the most part but I'm terrible at loosing any. Anyways I'll probably come back and edit this post but for right now, it will do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment